Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Things My Mother Once Told Me

My mother once told me not to give people too many chances after they keep hurting you.  I never realized how right she was until now.  

I've been stepped on, talked down to, and just overall disrespected.  There's people in my life who I have to love that have done it to me, and I'm not giving them anymore chances.  It's not fair to keep trying for someone you know isn't ever going to try the way you do.  

I use to think she was just trying to say that because she didn't want me to like him/her but now I get what she meant.

It's not fair to give people so many chances and they just totally stopped trying.  That's happened to me a lot with friends and even family, sometimes it just gets too much.  

I always argued with my mom over how she didn't know how I felt about it but in all honesty, she did.  She never wants me to go through the same things she had to, and that's why she told me not to give away chances like they're candy, because the person you're giving them to probably won't realize what they had until it's gone.


I took back everything I had said.


My mother once told me that I should never do drugs or smoke.  She was right, that's what messed me up.


Everyone else was doing it, and with my friends that was the cool thing to do.  Not that I was totally obsessed with being cool and everything, but I thought it might be pretty awesome.  People were all talking about how they were all tripped out and how cool it was, so when I was hanging out with them and they rolled a joint, I took a hit.


That changed my life because I thought it was just marijuana and people say it's pretty much harmless, but it was laced with coke.  That little hit I took that was laced got me hooked.  I guess they thought the person they got it from was reliable, but they clearly weren't.  


I became addicted to cocaine and I got some every chance that came up.  That's where all my money went, to feed my drug habit.  I was always really ashamed of it, but I let it get out of control all too fast.  (not that you can really have a drug addiction under control).  


Once I was hooked on coke, I decided that I might aswell try some other stuff too.  One night I was hanging out with my friends and they had all kinds of pills, powders, and stuff you could smoke.  That night I tried ecstacey, LSD, crystal meth, oxy contin, speed, acid, pretty much everything.  


I overdosed.  They had to flush me out and I was in the hospital for three weeks.  After that I was sent to rehab for around five months.  The worst thing that came out of my mother's mouth when she saw me in the hospital was, "I'm so disappointed in you." 


That's what made me stop.  That's what kept me in rehab.  I haven't relapsed and I've been sober ever since.  


I took back everything I had said.

No comments:

Post a Comment