Monday, January 17, 2011

It's Not A Game

"Mason, come down here!"  my Mom yelled from upstairs.
    
 I ran down as fast as I could, hearing the importance in her voice.

"Yea, Mom?"  I asked, entering the kitchen.
   
"Mason, Briana called this morning,"  she said.

I could feel the anger in her voice.
    
Ever since I started dating Briana, my Mom's hated her.  For the most part it's because Briana's been labeled "bad news".  Whenever I'm with Briana all we do is watch movies, so I don't see what's so "bad" about her.

"Thanks, Mom,"  I said, giving her a slight smile.
    
"Yea, whatever..."  she trailed off.

I picked up the phone and went to my room to call Briana.


"Hey, Bri,"  I said, grinning.

"Hey, Mason."  I could hear the excitement in her voice.
    
"So, did you call this morning?"

"Yea, I did.  I was wondering if you wanted to hang out today?"  

"For sure, but at your house?  My Mom's "uh,"  I paused, trying to think of a quick excuse, "she's not feeling well."

"Yea, Mas, of course.  Want to just grab a couple movies on the way over or what?"
   
"Sure.  I'll be over in an hour, okay?"  

No comments:

Post a Comment